Moments That Make it Worth it

6.29.2008

"Hello, Teacher!" from a random adorable 4 year old Chinese girl with pigtails and dimples.


Having know idea what you are eating, but knowing it will be amazing. Prime example: The Mystery Meatballs (aka Balls of Heaven) for $0.50 on our street.


The inevitable gigantic and ridiculous bike loads seen on the walk to work:

















"HELLO!!" from JOE! (the crepe boy on the corner) followed by a, "OUCH!!" because he was waving so excitedly at me that he burned his hand on his hot plate. [Followed by uncontrollable giggling by me].


"Tracy I want to thank you for helping me improve my English," from a student almost twice my age-- in perfect English.


Getting my lunch delivered to my desk at work for $2.00. It's even better when it comes with comic relief: last week I unwrapped the napkin that usually holds the chopsticks, only to find not 1, not 2, but 6 plastic drinking straws. 6? Why 6? I didn't even order a drink. I think it was a decoy so I wouldn't notice the lack of chopsticks until after I had paid and was sitting comfortably at my desk. Sneaky.


Getting a ride home from a family who cannot afford the gas nor the time to take me, but insists on it anyway.


Sweet emails from students in their adorable ESL:

Collin,
Help yourself!Because we are the friends!
Please cheer up!It will all be fine!Long time no see you.Are you better now?
Your sister is a good teacher too.We all like her very much!She is very lovable!
best wishes to you and your sister!


And, of course: Chinglish signs and Chinglish shirts!

0 comments:

 
Collin & Tracy's China Adventure - Design by: Searchopedia convertido para o Blogger por TNB